So, If you know me well you know I love poliltics. I pretty much keep my t.v. on fox news and just love to know about what is going on in the world.
When President Obama won the nomination I decided that though I didn't agree with his ideals that I would respect him as my President and hope that he succeeds in improving the condition of our country. Now I was one of those who actually like President Bush and would get SUPER annoyed at all the Bush bashing. I thought it was disrespectful to him, as well as the disrespectful to the office of the president. So I committed to not being one of those that bashes just because I don't agree.
I am even excited that our country has come so far that we have elected a black president. I was glued to my t.v. on inaugaration day, and felt pretty hopeful for the future of this country.
NOW..........I have to say I am a little disappointed in what I have seen so far. I haven't agreed with the decisions he has made in his first few days, but I will continue to try and support him as long as he is my president. Though I can't help but become frustrated when I watch our "representatives" make decisions for me that don't "represent" my ideals and beliefs. I just am grateful to know that this is the promised land, and as along as we choose to live righteously we will be safe.
BUT........what I am REALLY frustrated about, and TIRED of is the obama hype. I mean I LOVE oprah, but I am SICK of her obama LOVE fest going on this week on every one of her shows. As well as the rest of the media(except of course my beloved Fox news). It seems as though so many are worshiping him as a king rather than a President. Why are so many smart and intelligent people getting sucked into this "he is going to SAVE us" madness? This is our President NOT the Messiah. I am just DONE with it already. Can we focus on the important things, like fixing the economy, and keeping our Nation free and safe from Terrorists please????? Just a thought! That was my two cents..........
3 comments:
Amen! I have totally felt this way all week. I am still going to support him, but man, it has been too much!
I TOTALLY AGREE! It's all DRIVING me crazy! Yes, we know he is our first BLACK president and YES we can be proud of that and YES we're all hoping for a brighter, happier future BUT the celebration is over! He's OFFICIALLY our president, let's see what he can do. I swear everyone thinks he comes closest to God and it drives me NUTS! I honestly didn't even finish watching half of Oprah's shows this week because I was done with it all! Let's see what he can do first before we start praising this man....
Hi Amanda love you to death, but i agree to disagree. It took bush 8 years to drive our country into the ground. You still support him? You gave Obama 8 days and your jumping off the wagon. This doesnt seem fair. I agree with the Obama hype, it can get alittle old at times, i dont think it is a color issue i believe its a light at the end of the tunnel. If you give people hope, they will grab onto it and embrace it. In times like these i think thats a good thing. As far as you being upset with your representatives not representing you, have you ever emailed them? Your reps cannot represent individuals, they represent the masses. In other words let your voice be heard. You also asked why so many smart and intellegent people are getting sucked into Obama. It very well could be because they are smart and intellegent!! Regardless of your feelings and regardless of mine, we have the leader that we as the people voted in. If nobody believes, if nobody is willing to give change a chance we are doomed. Cant wait for Vegas love Nate
Post a Comment