Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Its official!!

So tomorrow its official that we are No longer residents of Rexburg, Idaho! I NEVER thought I would feel this way but I am REALLY sad about it. I have grown to LOVE Rexburg so much. I am one of the few people who looked FORWARD to the never-ending snow. I LOVED my house.....it really was my HOME in every sense of the word. I know in my mind that we needed to move on and start the next chapter in our lives.....but my heart is sad that we couldn't stay. I am really trying to be positive about the future and be excited about whats to come.....but right now its hard. I think what makes it difficult is not really knowing where we are going next. We are looking for a job pretty much anywhere. The areas we are really open to are Maryland, Washington, Denver, North Carolina, Florida and Texas. It's hard to go from having a HOME to feeling transient and not having a CLUE whats next. I have to say though, that I am grateful we sold our house so quickly and that we actually get to MAKE some money.....more than most can say.....and this IS what I wanted.......I just don't think I knew how hard it would be. So this week is going to be hard......its all feeling bitter-sweet. So, I will take a few days to cry about it.....and then I will GET OVER IT and be happy for what our future will bring!!

7 comments:

heather said...

That is sad about leaving your first home, but I am glad that you were able to sell it so quickly. What a blessing.
So are you guys still back East? I know that Brandon's family lives there but where is your family from?

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

No right now we are in AZ selling, but I think we are leaving for back east end of this month. My family lives in Seattle.....so we will be moving far from my home....at least for a few months. We are hoping to have a job by Nov. and we have no clue where that might be;)

Poulsen Family said...

Change can be hard, especially when you feel like you're in limbo. Good luck with the job and home search!

Karlee said...

I can see why you're feeling sad! I wouldn't have wanted to leave my home either if I had a beautiful house like yours! Just remember the future can only get better! I know its hard not knowing what the future holds but obviously the Lord has something in store for ya'll especially since he's blessed ya'll tremendously thus far!

By the way, I'll keep my eye out for jobs in DALLAS for Brandon!=)

Chelsi said...

I can relate to all of those feelings... Gordon graduated last July and didn't get hired until December so the in between part is really hard. We applied everywhere and ended up in Utah. You never know, but it's a comfort to know someone will take you where you are needed. Leaving your first home is hard too. We just moved everything out of our house and closed a couple of weeks ago. It felt good, but sad at the same time. I'm excited to hear where you end up though. Are you guys still with Pinnacle?

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Matt and I still miss things about Rexburg. Bajio's, all the activities going on, the students our age, the devotionals, the (free!) Hart gym, etc... But, it really is good to be settled somewhere in a normal ward, serving and making a difference! We LOVE it in Washington and it would be so much fun to have you guys close! Good luck in making these big decisions. It will all work out the way it supposed to.

trista said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I will miss you so much... But no matter where you live know that you have a friend willing to paint a room with you 16 times until you love it :)