Friday, March 20, 2009

Our Green Dinner!!

I LOVE holidays! ALL holidays! I think they are so fun and make life a little sweeter! Brandon always jokes that I am always coming up with ANOTHER tradition for our family, and that sometimes I take it a little overboard. But You know what?? I don't care, I love them, and I am going to keep doing them. I think our children will LOVE it and I LOVE doing it, so its a win-win situation! So this year I started a new tradition of having an ALL Green dinner in celebration of St. Patricks day! We had the Hoopers over as well as the Lainharts to join in the festivities! We ate Green Chicken Alfredo and Garlic Bread with Green butter, Green 7-up, and we ate it on Green plates and drank from Green cups! Karlee made an ALL Green cake in the shape of a shamrock, and we served it with Mint Chocolate-Chip ice cream and Becca made mint chocolate chip cookies! It was so much FUN! We were all in Green (except Kent....lame) and Tess got to wear Green beads all day(she loved that, she's ALL girl). Thank you Becca for the Salad and Cookies, and thanks Karlee for the delicious cake! It was a blast, and made St. Patricks day a lot of fun! Food, Friends, and a Fun Holiday...Does it get any better than that?? I submit that it does NOT! Thanks guys for such a fun night, and helping me start another NEW tradition!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Haha I just posted about this and I am going to steal the pic of our family! I didn't even take one that night! It was really fun. Thanks for inviting us!

Karlee said...

I'm offended you have no pictures of the HOOPER fam! Okay, okay I'll forgive you since you DID make a fabulous dinner for us and let us stay at the Jamison Inn all week (hey, where were our chocolates this time?). I believe I will officially make this the start of OUR tradition as well! By the way, I agree Kent is TOTALLY LAME for not joining in on the GREEN festivities and wear green...SUCH a party pooper!!! What am I to do?

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

Karlee....I tried taking a picture remember???? But you guys wouldn't do it! And I think a dinner should make up for the lack of chocolates......I don't think you can do anything for Kent.....I think its too late!

Justina Selim said...

What a fun dinner! We were boring and didn't do anything for St Patricks day! Taylor's brother lives in Tucson! I read that u were moving there for the summer. Enjoy the heat! :->

Rachel said...

How fun! You guys did a great job with all the green food. Tess looks so cute with her pigtails in the other post. She has so much hair. Are you guys coming out this summer?